Bozie sound

Barbara Richmond piano57@flash.net
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 19:20:48 -0600

John,

Your post made me laugh, because I've experienced that a few times.  The =
most noticeable was when I was (new) on staff at a university.  I =
remember being absolutely horrified at a recital after having spent a =
lot of energy on voicing the instrument.  I said to the (piano) faculty =
member sitting next to me, "Man, I really thought the piano sounded =
better than that!" =20

"It's not the piano," was his reply. =20

"Oh..............good."   I still had my job.   :-)

Barbara Richmond

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Bec and John=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Monday, January 24, 2005 7:09 PM
  Subject: Re: Bozie sound

  Hi Joe,

  Or perhaps the Bosendorfer just revealed the "wannabe"-ness of this =
local concert artist! So many pianists have a terrible tone, including =
many well-known ones. That a performer may sound better on one piano vs. =
another is not necessarily a reflection on the capabilities of the =
piano.

  - John

    Yup! They do make a lot of sound. Muddy, garbled noise IMO! Of =
course, that is just my opinion, which is based on several attempts by =
one of the local "wannabe" Concert artist, who insisted on Bozies and =
then had to deal with extremely bad reviews. The reviewer hated the =
sound as well. I agreed with him and still do.
    One thing you need to take into consideration, most U.S. Concert =
Halls have poor, if not, Bad acoustics, compared to the ones in Europe.
    Best Regards,
    Joe Garrett, R.P.T.