Return spring removal

Dave Bunch pdtek@mchsi.com
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 12:35:14 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C50211.27468600
Hello all;

I am in the process of removing and replacing all of the hammer return =
springs on a stencil console.

Having the rail removed, more than half have broken due to corrosion. =
All but about 16 I could grab the spring coil, or whatever is left and =
pull it all out in one piece. The tail goes through a hole, bends back =
and lays in a slot.

Is the any trick to removing the remains of the stubborn ones? Prying in =
the slot with a knife blade was not successful. I had to stop for the =
day to go do my tunings.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I find irony that in twenty =
years I have never had to do this :-)

Thanks

Dave Bunch
------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C50211.27468600