Tuning Pin Torque Information

Alan tune4u@earthlink.net
Sun, 23 Jan 2005 13:54:32 -0600

100 in./lbs.? I don't think I have more than 10 pianos out here (in the
hills) with that much torque. I'm happy with anything that will stay. =
The
ranges I look at are:
=20
<30 in/lb Usually hopeless but CA will often bring to 40 or more
=20
30-50 Tuneable (usually) but not the most stable, would CA if possible
=20
50+ Usually holds reasonably well
=20
144 in/lbs??? Eat your Wheaties and be prepared to extend that hammer! =
What
is that, a brand new Baldwin???
=20
You've got me thinking on this, believe I'm going to measure more of the
pianos I see regularly and get some actual numbers -- a little study, as =
it
were ...
=20
I've never tuned (or even seen) one of them thar Blippendorfers; what =
would
their pins measure, typically?
=20
Alan R. Barnard