Job Transitioning

Maggie Jusiel mags@magsmusic.net
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 04:51:17 +1300 (NZDT)

This may or may not be helpful, but I was a middle school music teacher
before this.  Actually, teaching in a public school was one of the reasons
I got into this!  ;)    I continued teaching until I couldn't stand it,
and was starting to make money with tunings.  After that, I was able to
substitute, which helped a little.  I also worked at Cracker Barrel for a
while (yuck).  The biggest help to me has been teaching private lessons.
Have you considered that?  I started teaching privately to help my income,
but now have 35 students.  The teaching has actually become half my
income!  What a surprise that has been! (I love it!)  I don't know how I
would have made it otherwise.

-Maggie, WV
<http://www.magsmusic.net>

> Hello,
>
> I am in the process of transitioning jobs from what I do now to a full
> time piano tech.  What process did you all use?  Right now there is no way
> I can begin to make an income on piano clients because the money I make
> right now is going towards the purchase of tools (little by little).  So I
> still have my regular job (office job) at the present.  When does the time
> come for me to start seriously thinking about going full force into piano
> tech?
>
> Thanks!
>

> Matthew Todd
> Todd Piano Works