Job Transitioning

Keith Roberts kpiano@goldrush.com
Sun, 23 Jan 2005 07:24:30 -0800

The guy I was working for retired and I didn't want to go on with his =
son in law. I had some family back up my first year, if I needed it. =
Which, having a heart attack my first year and bypass surgery my second =
year, it was needed. I was thankful that things unfolded slowly, it gave =
my education and experience a chance to catch up with my mouth. =
Everybody has a different situation and competition. Don't compete, =
supply the things the others don't. It has still been up and down with =
some tight times. Pianos are not priorities when compared to the house =
or car breaking. You just never know.

kpiano
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Matthew Todd=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Saturday, January 22, 2005 6:32 PM
  Subject: Job Transitioning

    Hello,

    I am in the process of transitioning jobs from what I do now to a =
full time piano tech.  What process did you all use?  Right now there is =
no way I can begin to make an income on piano clients because the money =
I make right now is going towards the purchase of tools (little by =
little).  So I still have my regular job (office job) at the present.  =
When does the time come for me to start seriously thinking about going =
full force into piano tech?

    Thanks!

  Matthew Todd
  Todd Piano Works