Damper trimming

FRANCES HELMS fhelms@topeka.k12.ks.us
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 15:24:05 -0600

Something to do with quality control perhaps?  By the by, Augie McCollum
who was my mentor, and a member of the Wichita, Ks. PTG had a brother
(also blind) who worked as a tuner for Steinway.  His brother stated on
numerous occasions (so it wasn't a misunderstanding) that Steinway
allowed 20 minutes for in factory tunings.
That was over twenty years ago.  Wonder how much time is allowed at
present.
Fran Helms
Topeka, KS

>>> "Terry" <terry@farrellpiano.com> 1/21/2005 8:02:06 AM >>>
Why do pianos come from the factory with reverse crowned soundboards?
Why do
they come with pinblock/frame separations? Why do they come with false
beats? Why are they way out of regulation? Why are action centers
seizing?

The answer to these is the same as the answer to your question.

Terry Farrell