Crowning methods, was soundboards.

J Patrick Draine draine@comcast.net
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 11:23:01 -0500

On Jan 21, 2005, at 9:43 AM, Richard Brekne wrote:

> Some while back there was an assertion that old Mason and Hamlins did
> to.. but I believe this was not true, tho I am not sure.

I can't vouch for past methods (especially during the American Aeolian
years), but current M&H production employs rib crowning (the Boston PTG
chapter had a tour of the M&H factory this Fall; their head engineer
Bruce Clark was the one leading the tour and I asked very specifically
about this methodology).
Patrick