Center Pin Goop

Terry terry@farrellpiano.com
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 05:25:51 -0500

------=_NextPart_001_00AD_01C4FF79.ABBCCF60
Several well-intended "helpful" responses follow:

> >Great picture, Terry!   My guess is the centers were treated with =
barbeque=20
> >sauce.
> >
> >(Always glad to be helpful.)>=20
>=20
> By golly, I think you're right! Maybe an Alka-Seltzer flush is in =
order.

> On a more sherioush note ... I wonder if someone "lubed" those centers =
with
> something that drew dust, gathered goo, magnetized mucous, invited =
ich,
> captured crud, collected crap, and generally glommed onto globs of =
gluey
> gunk.

I've tried all these wonderful suggestions (I do have a sense of humor =
and enjoy these clever responses - especially when they are balanced =
with something useful  ;-). But my center pins still look like the photo =
below:

Stuff wipes off with a bit of effort and yields a nice clean shiny =
center pin - I don't think the pins are corroding or loosing their =
plating (like I've heard can happen on some Samicks).=20

So, my questions remain as follows:

- What is this stuff?

- If I simply repin, can I not presume that the goop will come back (I =
suppose it would be a good thing to ream up a pin size or two)?

- Do I need to rebush (like the US is doing today - oh, no I couldn't do =
that!)?

- If I need to repin and rebush all the jacks and wip levers, seems to =
me I'm already pretty close to the point where it would be cheaper to =
just install new wippens - what say yee?

Thanks for any CONSTRUCTIVE input.   ;-)

Terry Farrell
------=_NextPart_001_00AD_01C4FF79.ABBCCF60
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

------=_NextPart_001_00AD_01C4FF79.ABBCCF60--