hats felt hardener

William R. Monroe pianotech@tds.net
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 16:50:21 -0600

My guess is that it would be fine to use on the felt, the question would =
be: what kind of sound does it give you?  Most folks who apply hardener =
have a favorite one, often because of the sound they can achieve.  I'd =
say try it on something you can afford to ruin and see what the results =
are.

William R. Monroe
Madison, WI
Assoc.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Quentin Codevelle=20
  To: pianotech=20
  Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2005 2:36 PM
  Subject: hats felt hardener

  Hello everyone,

  Has anybody heard about the hardener used by workshops who make =
hand-made hats?

  For the felt used on the hats, they apply some special hardener so =
that the felt takes the shape they want.

  I wondered if this solution can be considered when hardening is =
required on too soft hammers.

  As long as this hardener has been undoubtedly developped for this =
material, it may be better than other hardeners.

  I don't know the composition of this hardener, but maybe it is an =
interesting thing to think about.

  Any thoughts, or remarks?

  Quentin