SWound boards

Terry terry@farrellpiano.com
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 11:22:49 -0500

May be an interesting idea, but one that has no basis - at least for =
pianos not buried in the ground. Petrifying is a mineral replacement =
process that occurs as groundwater migrates through material buried in =
the ground. I doubt this applies to many pianos we work on - at least I =
hope not.

Terry Farrell
  I think someone (maybe Joe Garrett) a few months ago talked about the =
wood's "petrifying" process.
  This was an interesting idea, and we can clearly imagine that this =
process makes the soundboard become less and less reactive or vibrating.

  Quentin