Lubricants: Where, What and How to use

Thu, 20 Jan 2005 14:26:22 -0000

Hello List
I know the subject of LUBRICANTS was touched on about three years or so =
ago, but I would like to re visit it now.=20
Can anyone define the best use of which lubricant for which purpose.
I have in mind:
1.Centres
2.Rollers
3.Butt notch leathers
4.Grand Jack tops and toes
5.Upright Jack tops and toes=20
6.Damper spoons
7.Damper lift rod
8.Damper wire guide rail
9.Capstans, Dolly-tops, Lever-bottoms (whippen?)
10.Pedal trap-work
11.Key front bat-pins and balance pins.
That should just about cover all areas I think.
Available to me are:=20
A.ProtexCLP (Cleaner Lubricant Protectant) - dispense it with a pen =
lubricator
B.Protex PROlube (fluoropolymers in solvents in a pump-action bottle)
C.Teflon powder
D.Winslip black lead (black lead suspended in solvents)
Suggest the answers could be something like: 1A. 9.B etc.
Regards from a windy but bright Sussex Downs
Michael G (UK)