backchecks

Chris Gregg cdgregg@telus.net
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 20:34:06 -0700

I just did a set for an old Broadwood and also the hammer butts (a direct
blow grand action).  I used hot hide for the whole works.  Something tells
me it is the right thing to do. I have found a great new source for hot
hide glue.  The local book bindery.  They buy it by the sack and it is by
far the nicest hot hide glue I have ever used.  It does not have to soak
for a day before it is heated, seems to have low evaporation, gels fast and
hardens extremely well overnight.

Chris Gregg

  http://www.tuneit.ca