soundboards

Bec and John bjsilva001@comcast.net
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 17:26:41 -0500

Hi Dale,

I don't doubt this at all! I do believe that the main issue is quality=20=

of workmanship, which in our present day is not like it was. Of course=20=

there will be specific people still doing great work, David Anderson=20
has inspired me in an off-list discussion - I'm sad he's on the other=20
coast!

Whatever the case, in my own experience I've noticed that older pianos=20=

in good shape typically have a warmer sound than new ones, which I=20
prefer. As some have pointed out, a lot of newer pianos are bright and=20=

punchy, which fits right along with the typical modern-day classical=20
pianist.

- John

> =A0HI John
> =A0 =A0I'll strongly remonstrate & take issue here. Based on =
expereince I=20
> find some of The best ones=A0are the fastidiously custom one off =
rebuilt=20
> instruments from the shops of=A0 the technical community. Hey the =
reason=20
> I'm doing this is because of the sounds of all the new instruments out=20=

> there called Fortes.=A0That's what =A0my Dad calls em.
> =A0 Dale=

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: text/enriched