Yamaha M450

pepsi29@sbcglobal.net pepsi29@sbcglobal.net
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 19:07:20 -0500

Hello List,
    Anyone seem to have a slight voicing problem with the Yamaha M450?
I have a Chinese customer that told me the F3 (the first steel trichord)
sounded  very "hollow".  After voicing the hammer a bit, I was able to
take out some of the hollow sound she was talking about.  I also
re-regulated it to make sure all parts were working efficiently
(let-off, lost motion, damper timing, etc.)  I could hear a definite
sound problem because it was at the break due to the low tension of the
strings.  I was just wondering if this is an isolated problem or if
generally 450's seem to have this common scale issue.

Thanks,
Dave Foster