Garfield's Pin Block Restorer

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 11:11:26

Hi Maggie,

In climates with extremes of humidity (low to high every year) the old
fashioned pin tighteners seem to destroy the block (i.e. turn it to mush
and/or delaminate it). They do work for a while, but CA glue wins the
longevity race, not to mention being cheaper and faster. Garfields has
become a "distant second" to CA glue treatments.

If you search the archives for garfields you will see a thread from a few
years ago--just when CA gluing was introduced to the list.