Advice on a half tone pitch raise

Terry terry@farrellpiano.com
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 06:54:28 -0500

Yes, be prepared for a broken string, but if only going 10 or 15 cents above
pitch on a half-step pitch raise and the strings are not rusty or really
old, my experience suggests that 99%+ of strings should not break (i.e. 9+
out of 10 jobs like this should result in no broken strings).

Just didn't want Vinny to think that he should expect several broken
strings.....

Terry Farrell

> Vinny,
>
> Just bring it up.    Be prepared for a broken string.   Tap the pitch down
slightly before bringing the tension up.    Figure on 3 passes and forget
about a fine tuning.