Spring clip to secure fallboard

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Mon, 17 Jan 2005 12:57:54 -0800

David Stahl asked: "Does anyone have a recommendation for a leaf-spring =
type securing  device? =20
I've seen a few in catalogues, but was wondering if anyone could  offer =
input=20
on this."

David,
I've done this on a few. There needs to be sufficient clearance for the =
fallboard to clear the first part of the spring. I installed mine at =
about a 45 degree angle w/the screw on the bottom, (just past the =
location of the bottom of the fallboard, in the open position.) The =
spring I'm referring to is for Steinways. It's about 3/8" wide and about =
3 1/2" to 4" long. In this retrofit the back of the cover started to =
engage about 1/3rd of the the way up.
I hope this helps.=20
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.