Size of File?

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Mon, 17 Jan 2005 16:02:10 -0400

What I mean is, that if the file is too large, then it is modified to a certain size, by the administrator.
If we knew in advance what size he considered to be optimum, then we could send it that size. This would result in less work for him, and the picture being modified at source, would end up being of higher quality.
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Porritt, David
  To: Pianotech
  Sent: Monday, January 17, 2005 3:46 PM
  Subject: RE: Size of File?

  John:

  So far, the files@ptg.org area is still manually done by Kent Swafford.  I don't think there is a limit at this moment, except for common sense.  I think if you sent a 1-gig file in Kent would probably ask if it could be modified somehow.

  The beauty of using files@ptg.org is that pictures etc. can be posted there and people with slow connections can decide if they want the file or not. If a large picture is attached to a message everyone gets it - even at their slow connections - interested or not.  I agree with you, pictures look a lot better if it is large enough to see.  I hope someday we can more nearly automate the process of posting pictures for the lists.

  dave

  Admin for the week.