Size of File?

Porritt, David dporritt@mail.smu.edu
Mon, 17 Jan 2005 13:46:58 -0600

John:

=20

So far, the files@ptg.org area is still manually done by Kent Swafford.
I don't think there is a limit at this moment, except for common sense.
I think if you sent a 1-gig file in Kent would probably ask if it could
be modified somehow.

=20

The beauty of using files@ptg.org is that pictures etc. can be posted
there and people with slow connections can decide if they want the file
or not. If a large picture is attached to a message everyone gets it -
even at their slow connections - interested or not.  I agree with you,
pictures look a lot better if it is large enough to see.  I hope someday
we can more nearly automate the process of posting pictures for the
lists.

=20

dave

Admin for the week.