piano techs and their cars

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Sat, 15 Jan 2005 10:34:59 -0800 (PST)

This is why I keep my SAT in a cheap-looking plastic
toolbox, instead of a fancy aluminum box that sceams
"Cameras! Guns! Jewelry!" But  I am careful to get the
kind ( K-Mart, last time ) that has no gaps on the lid
around the handle that can let in rain.>
     Also I have never seen the sense in having a
fancy foam-filled case in this profession. Many old
pianos are so chock-full of revolting crap that I wipe
off all my tools after using them, and also wrap my
SAT in a towell (for shockproofing) and put it in. But
Bowser might come up and slobber in my open tool case
while I'm not  looking, so I want something that can
be washed. My next tuning might be on a church altar.
     Thump