Advice on using powdered Teflon?

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Sat, 15 Jan 2005 10:46:03 EST

In a message dated 1/14/05 1:17:50 PM Pacific Standard Time,
antares@euronet.nl writes:

OK, I use a  big piece of cheap felt, about 1 inch thick, on which I put
some teflon  powder.
Wit my finger I push the powder into the felt so that it becomes a
smear.
Then I pull all the hammers upwards and apply the teflon by  rubbing it
into and onto the rollers.\
Just go along the rollers with  the smeared surface of the chunk of felt.
It will stay a long time this way  and it will hardly spill into the
action because you really rub it  in.

Andre,

An upright hammerhead works well, too.  You can get a good grip on it,  too!

Dave Stahl