bizarre pitch

Stephen Birkett sbirkett@real.uwaterloo.ca
Fri, 14 Jan 2005 22:28:03 -0500

>Hi Stephen, The thread ts usually a standard 1/8" pipe thread.
>  However some tips will not work while others will. The problem is in the
>depth of the thread into the tip head. ...

Hi Joe,

It's the shaft/head joint that's the tapered pipe thread. I'm
wondering about the tip/head joint which is the bizarre non-standard
thread pitch of 30tpi not tapered.

Stephen

--
Dr Stephen Birkett, Associate Professor
Department of Systems Design Engineering

E3 Room 3158
tel: 519-888-4567 Ext. 3792
fax: 519-746-4791
PianoTech Lab Room E3-3160 Ext. 7115