Advice on using powdered Teflon?

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Thu, 13 Jan 2005 22:34:50 EST

In a message dated 1/13/05 7:28:37 PM Pacific Standard Time,
gwhitty@optonline.net writes:

I note in the "glues, lubricants, etc." thread that people like  the
powdered teflon;  I ordered a bottle of it and am wondering how  you're all
getting it to stick.  I tried putting it on a couple things  with a little
brush, but it seems to just kind of fall right off, unlike my  bottle of
ready-mixed graphite/alcohol...

I usually burnish it in the knuckles with an old hammer.  If I need to  do
the drop leathers, I'll usually smear it with something flat, like the blade  of
a screwdriver on the buckskin.  Likewise with key bushings.  It's  good for
all kinds of skweekies.  Make sure you have something to catch it  in or a
vacuum to pick up the residue.  It can be a bit messy, but unlike  graphite, it
won't permanently stain anything...

Dave Stahl