What is "Metho"?

Robin Stevens pianoman@westnet.com.au
Fri, 14 Jan 2005 13:46:19 +1030 (Cen. Australia Daylight Time)

 "denatured alcohol" Would be rather a mouthful for a drunk to get out at=
chemist (drug store).=0D
=0D
"Btle metho, mate" would be all that is needed here in Ozzie land.=0D
=0D
Robin Stevens=0D
=0D
-------Original Message-------=0D
 =0D
From: Pianotech=0D
Date: 01/14/05 12:35:00=0D
To: 'Pianotech'=0D
Subject: RE: What is "Metho"?=0D
 =0D
What language, exactly, are we speaking here, Mate? Fair dinkum it ain't.
Never heard of this here metho stuff. Here in the Northern Hemisphere, we
prefer tasty cleaning solvents. =0D
And youse guys and us guys obviously butcher, mangle, twist, and torture =
the
King's English in distinctly different ways. He put metho in his brasso,
slipped in the batho, and fell on his ... uh ... rubber duckie?=0D
 =0D
Alan R. Barnard=0D
Silly Sayings from Salem, MO=0D
-----Original Message-----=0D