Andres punching tested

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Thu, 13 Jan 2005 11:47:57 EST

Horace
  Thanks & it's exciting when something seemingly  as innocuous as a front
punching can take a piano to a complete other level  of performance both in tone
& touch. I find these subtle yet  perceptible but important  improvements a
way  for piano  technicians to give a value added product in ones restoration.
These types of  innovations better able us/me to compete  with ANY new brand
of piano at any  price.
   Hats off to Andre for his innovations as well as many others  on list.
We/you/me/all are the R&D dept in the piano world these days.
   "Buy restored/Rebuilt. Its a better  piano"
 cheers
  Dale

Hi,  Dale,

This is very important information.  I've used either  Yamaha or Bosendorfer
FR punching's for years for precisely the reasons you  enumerate here.  The
bottom line is that, if the key height and dip are  not at least reasonably
solid, nothing else in the regulation is going to work  properly.  Slow
repetition, lack of control throughout the dynamic  range...I especially like your term:
"lack of focus"...right on  target!

Thanks for posting these results to the  list.

Best.

Horace