Polishing White Plastic Key-tops

Cy Shuster 741662027@theshusters.org
Wed, 12 Jan 2005 19:02:53 -0500

The Dremel will melt plastic quickly, because of its high RPM.  Thank =
goodness I tested on the hidden part of a tail...

--Cy--
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Terry=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 5:37 PM
  Subject: Re: Polishing White Plastic Key-tops

  I just hit 'em with the buffing wheel. Never really worried about what =
compound I used. They come out looking like new. It only takes a second =
or two. I'd be leary of using the dremel - use a buffing wheel that can =
cover the entire key width. You can remove a pretty deep gouge in just a =
few seconds. Go with a slow speed. Don't do it too much because you can =
melt the plastic pretty quick.

  Terry Farrell
    ----- Original Message -----=20