Samick upright

David Vanderhoofven david@vanderpiano.com
Wed, 12 Jan 2005 07:21:31 -0600

Hi Ajay,

Comments interspersed below.

At 08:41 AM 1/11/2005, you wrote:
>Hello list one of my customer has bought a Samick
>manufactured upright called B.STEINER it is a console
>UP purchased it around 9 months ago the problem goes
>this way .

I am not familiar with the B. Steiner brand of piano.

>  I installed the damp-chaser a month ago. The piano
>was working fine after the dc was installed suddenly
>the dc stopped working so I sent it to the dealer
>instead of replacing it he repaired it & fixed it in
>the piano now the rod is becoming warm but now my
>customer is complaning about a really heavy action in
>the morning & the action becomes light by night at
>first I did not believe him but then I actually
>noticed it .

Did you install a Dampp-Chaser brand climate control system?  Or was it
another brand?  Did you install a dehumidifier only?  Or did you also
install a humidistat to control the dehumidifier?  Or did you install a
complete system with the dehumidifier, humidifier, humidistat, light panel,
smart heater bar, and water fill system?

I would believe if the equipment was defective and was returned to
Dampp-Chaser they would send you a new unit and not repair the defective
unit.  On the other hand, I have never had any defective equipment made by
Dampp-Chaser.

Is the equipment plugged into an outlet that is controlled by a
switch?  Perhaps at night the owners of the piano turn off the switch
controlling the outlet when they go to bed at night.  All night the
humidity rises, and by morning the piano is sluggish and very heavy.  Then
the owner of the piano turns on the switch to the outlet and the
dehumidifier is working all day long lowering the humidity, and by the end
of the day the touch of the piano feels much lighter.  This is a possible
scenario to explain what is happening.

>           What could be the possible cause if someone
>could throw some light on this one .
>
>                                         Ajay.
>=====
>Ajay Mistry