Yamahas C7 out of the box

Tue, 11 Jan 2005 22:36:06 +0100

Hi Quentin.

Thanks for the reply.  Got back from a chat with the dealer this
evening. He is a Schimmel trained tech, and I had to show him how to do
keybeding today... go figure.  He called me in because he had decided
that the keybed glide bolts were turned down too much, so he had
readjusted them and ended up mucking up my whole regulation. He wanted
to know how I set those and so I taught him what they showed us at the
Acadamy. When we were done the regulation was pretty much back to how I
had left it. It was really quite funny... this fellow goes around the
area here presenting himself as a piano god almost... and he really
doesnt have a clue about what he is doing.  All seat of the pants and
very much sticks to specifications and proceedures he learned at
Schimmel... but he doesnt understand any of it.  He just follows
recipies.  Sometimes they dont work for him very well.  Anyways... we
decided to have another go at a C3 this time, and combine my prep with
his so we can see if we can end up with a good routine for getting these
things ready for sale.  But it looks like about 15 hours on each.  We
unboxed another one this evening... a C6.  Lots of problems here too.

I dunno, maybe they send shit up here to Scandinavia. But it looks like
Yamaha is slippin to me

Cheers
RicB