Weird Spinet

MarinoPiano@aol.com MarinoPiano@aol.com
Mon, 10 Jan 2005 10:50:43 EST

RE: Elbows,,, I have seen and replaced dozens of sets plastic elbows ovear
the years in pianos without dampchasers.  I think the plastic was just not time
tested and seemed to be a good idea at the time.  Maybe because the damper
flanges are just thick little blocks rather than thin elbows and the stress is
greater on the elbow than on the damper flange.  Or the reaction of the wire
screwed into the plastic weakens it.  Or absolutly NONE of the above.

Also have seen Knabe, Chickerings from the fifties where the jack was plastic
and falling apart.  Back checks ditto.

Does this start a new thread on plastic from the 30's to the 50's??????

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo  very cool!  Can't wait!

Arthur Marino