Weird Spinet

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Mon, 10 Jan 2005 07:49:37 -0600

At 08:41 1/10/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>  >> PS: Actually it was kinda fun.  Just all mindless screwing and un
> screwing.  Now i hope the   damn thing works.  Plastic damper flanges did
> not fall apart.  A small bonus.
>

>Great story, Art.
>
>Anybody have any idea as to why the plastic damper flanges seem to be more
>durable than other plastic action parts?
>
>Dean

The elbows self destructed/degraded, IMMHO, because (at least one
reason...) they were baked by the UNREGULATED heater bar directly below
them.  Elbows on the ends beyond the bar are mostly OK. (at least in my
experience) The damper flanges would also be out of the direct heat rise.

Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT, MPT, CCT, PFP, ACS, CRS.
Decorah, IA

- Certified Calibration Technician for Bio-powered Digitally Activated
Lever Action Tone Generation Systems.
- Pianotech Flamesuit Purveyor
- American Curmudgeon Society - Apprentice Member and Founder