seeking wood screws

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Sat, 8 Jan 2005 15:36:54 -0500

>>I always fix the nut below with locktite and or a set screw.  So that is
not a problem.  The nut below must be positioned so that the acorn nut does
not bottom out.  If the hanger bolt is too long, I cut it off to proper
length and then slot the end to allow it to be turned with a flat blade
screwdriver.

Carl,

Not to be stupid, but how do you cut your slot in the bolt so a screw driver
will fit it? Do you just make a careful cut with a hacksaw, or maybe a 4"
cut off grinder? Also, do you then just use basic threaded rod instead of
these expensive socket cap screws?

Thanks for the beeswax tip.

Dean