Ignorance is bliss, and costly.

tom driscoll tomtuner@comcast.net
Sat, 8 Jan 2005 13:53:08 -0500

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Mike Kurta=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Saturday, January 08, 2005 1:45 PM
  Subject: Re: Ignorance is bliss, and costly.

      Charles:
      I would follow Tom's suggestion with one exception.  Why even =
remove the old cord?  Just cut them off and reglue the new ones on top.  =
They will hold just fine. This cuts the time in half with no =
compromising the quality of the job.  They just won't look quite as nice =
as the originals. =20
      Mike Kurta
      Auburn, NY
     =20
  Mike,
      Repectfully, I disagree. First , the time required to to remove =
the old cord from the entire set is less than 10 minutes and second I =
beleive the cords will stay "put" better when pressed into the slot.
      JMHO,
      Best wishes,
      Tom D.