Key Friction

Thu, 06 Jan 2005 21:45:54 +0100

Actually... Terry turned me on to this idea... you do it the same way as
you take balance weight... except the stack is off so there is nothing
on the keys.  I like to put about 50 grams of weight on the back of the
key and then just take up and downweight measurements.

Three points of interest that and they have a suprisingly larger affect
then most of us take for granted me thinks....  Balance rail pin, front
and back bushings.  I'm also starting to get in the habit of gluing a
very thin strip of 0.3 mm thick paper on either side of the balance rail
hole.  Makes for a little more precise fulcrum point. Seems to even out
end ratio a bit... tho I havnt gotten around to really looking closly as
to why.

Cheers
RicB