New Piano Referral

J Patrick Draine draine@comcast.net
Thu, 6 Jan 2005 15:04:47 -0500

On Jan 6, 2005, at 2:08 PM, Terry wrote:

If you're looking for some after the fact "coaching"

> The dealer called me and told me that these two people requested that=20=

> I provide them their one free tuning that comes with the new piano. I=20=

> asked what he pays=A0for that type of tuning.

Jeez, why'd you ask that? Do you ask John Q. Public what they're=20
planning on paying you for your services?

> =A0
> It is possible that he is not aware that I referred the customers to=20=

> him (although, I would think so).

Well, if one had the experience to live over again, one might have=20
replied, "Oh yes, the XX family, I recommended that they go to your=20
store last month. My piano service fee is now $XXX.00. Would you like=20
me to call them to make the appointment, or wait until they call me? If=20=

it's more than 4 months after the sale, they'll be responsible for the=20=

inevitable pitch raise and lost motion adjustments and charges -- or=20
are you covering that work too?"

I'm not perfect on the phone, either, Terry -- these and similar things=20=

happen (and I've got rubber checks from out of state piano dealers to=20
prove it).

Patrick

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available