back check wires

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Wed, 05 Jan 2005 07:20:27 -0600

At 05:04 1/5/2005 -0800, you wrote:

> > And the "grey market problem" is?
> >
> > Terry Farrell
> >
>What I heard is, when you bring a yammer here, the resultant degeneration
>creates a need for more repair parts than were anticipated and manufactured.
>So to protect the parts reserve, ( and the US dealers sales records) parts
>are not sold for pianos not made for this climate.
>Keith Roberts

but...,  but...

Are you saying that there is a finite amount of repair parts?  No more
backchecks will ever be made??  When they are gone, no more Yamaha pianos
will be made??

Aren't they still in the business of manufacturing whole pianos and the
component parts from whence they are assembled?

I can understand the sentiment of trying to protect the dealer network, but
cutting off the technicians who are trying to service pianos from every
source and trying to use the best quality parts in the process seems like
cutting off your nose to spite your face.

There's more money in automotive spare parts than in complete autos...

my 1.375¢

Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT, MPT, CCT, PFP, ACS, CRS.
Decorah, IA

- Certified Calibration Technician for Bio-powered Digitally Activated
Lever Action Tone Generation Systems.
- Pianotech Flamesuit Purveyor
- American Curmudgeon Society - Apprentice Member and Founder