Una Corda Adjustments and Christian Zimmermann

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Tue, 4 Jan 2005 17:56:56 -0800

I heard the story from a customer of mine who travels and plays a lot
internationally.  The action carting apparently came about as a product
of the 9/11 incident and he decided he didn't want to risk any more of
his own pianos.  I only know that it is a Steinway action and I assume
it is a standard sized keyboard.  The fitting of a Steinway action from
one piano to another can, as you know, be quite problematic.  Since he
does the work himself, and I assume it requires quite a few hours per
concert, I understand he limits his engagements to about 50 per year.

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Porritt, David
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 2:29 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: RE: Una Corda Adjustments and Christian Zimmermann

David:

Where did you hear about the action swapping?  That one is hard for me
to buy having done quite a bit of installing a Steinbuhler action in
several "D"s.  The Steinbuhler action is designed to be adjusted for
different pianos but it still requires several hours to set up.  What
kind of action is he taking with him?  Does it have a non-standard
keyboard?

Inquiring minds......

dave