Yamaha's idiotic policies

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Tue, 4 Jan 2005 17:40:28 -0800

Patrick Draine said: " Hi dave,

> I don't know why they create such a problem.

Grey market pianos is the reason.
I'm guessing Europe isn't flooding with container loads of used=3D20
Japanese market pianos? Or, if it's as much a phenomenon in Europe =
as=3D20
it is becoming here, there may be Common Market/EU regulations =
which=3D20
restrict Yamaha from restraining their sales of repair parts. I'm =
just=3D20=3D

guessing -- anyone know for sure?"

Patrick et al,
No I don't know "for sure", but let's face it, All manufacturers are in =
the business of build/selling UNITS. If we rebuild one piano, that =
subtracts from their UNIT SALES! Ohmygawd, Heavenforbid! PHTSZZZZT!  =
That's my response to this idiocy.=20
The only difference between Yamama and other manufacturers is that they =
are big enough to make it stick. (at least for those of us in the USA) =
Most of the other manufacturers have chosen to placate us and use PR. =
Because of this, I no longer recommend Yamamas, even tho they are well =
made pianos. Sheesh!=20
Regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police