average age? (and carreers)

Will Wickham wwickham@stny.rr.com
Mon, 3 Jan 2005 22:43:41 -0500

Hi ho Quentin and all,

I started in the piano business as an apprentice right out of music=20
school at the tender age of 23. After a couple of years full time the=20
opportunity to co-own a winery came my way. I dropped all my tooner=20
gear in favor of grape stained feet (and more than an occasional hang=20
over) until the bankers caught up with us. After that I came back full=20=

time in my 32nd year. I'm now 48 and have no intentions of leaving the=20=

profession anytime soon. Part of what I enjoy most is the scheduling=20
freedom that allowed me family time when my kids were young, and the=20
time to pursue composition, arranging, conducting and theater projects=20=

that interest me.

will wickham

On Jan 3, 2005, at 1:09 PM, Quentin Codevelle wrote:

> Hi,
> =A0
> So, according to all the replies you've sent, I can deduce that I'm=20
> the youngest tech of the list !
> =A0
> So I was not wrong when I said I was a young tech, don't you think ;-)=20=

> ??
> =A0
> BTW, at what age did each of you began learning this profession? It=20
> looks like some people have started in this business=20
> after=A0stopping=A0another activity.
> For those who became techs after a first career, what did this first=20=

> career consist in? What was your job?
> =A0
> I'm just curious about this! This is interesting.
> =A0
> Quentin

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available