'New' Schumann

David Vanderhoofven david@vanderpiano.com
Mon, 03 Jan 2005 21:05:38 -0600

Hi Monty,

I would doubt that the strings were broken during the move or delivery.  I
would suspect that it is probably just due to heavy use at the school.

Some common reasons for broken strings
1.  Pianist playing very hard, or using the sustain pedal excessively
2.  Piano receiving hard use (many hours of use a day)
3.  Very hard hammers, or hammers with heavy wear and/or flat spots
4.  Rusty/old strings
5.  Technician error (tuning lever on wrong tuning pin, etc.)

I personally have never seen a string broken because of a move, but I am
always open to new ideas!

Sincerely,

David Vanderhoofven
Joplin, MO