average age?, previous profession?

Mon, 03 Jan 2005 22:28:51 +0100

Well... this is all fairly off topic, but since it seems such a popular
pastime I'll chirp in that I was an helicopter air-crewman in the Navy.
After crewing the primary recovery helicopter on the final Sky Lab
mission I had a choice of signing up for another 6 years, getting a
10,000 dollar bonus and automatic rank increase to 1st class petty
officer.  It was tempting to be sure....and had it not been for wife I'd
a probably done that.

After that I did a stint as cooks help and deck hand on the University
of Washington MS Thompson, an oceanographic research vessel they had in
the late 70's.  I also tried my hand at being a rock and roll star...
but that didnt work out to well... grin.

Cheers
RicB