average age??

Dave Davis davistunes@yahoo.com
Mon, 3 Jan 2005 09:34:10 -0800 (PST)

This brings up an important point, when I was 22, my dad suggested that I become a piano tuner. My response was that it was a job for frumpy old guys and my time would be much better spent driving big trucks and seeing the U.S.  20 years later, I made the move to join the "frumpy old guys" (and it turns out I'm still a little young <grin>).

Now to the point, what can be done to encourage youngsters to be piano techs?

Dave Davis

Stéphane wrote:
Mike,

Forgive my approximate english (once more).
I meant what was dying was the job, not the techs.
If younger people don't feel interested anymore in the job, then, next generations, the job will go nuts (like stained glass, you know ...).
A contrario, I am amazed and really pleased to see how much vitality still dwells into all of you.  This really gave me a kick.
Thanks to all for your saving enthusiasm.

Stéphane Collin.