Hyundai Action Centers

Kerry Cooper brispiano@optushome.com.au
Sun, 2 Jan 2005 17:30:21 +1000

Terry,

Hyundai's were made by Samick.

Kerry Cooper
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Terry=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Sunday, January 02, 2005 2:39 AM
  Subject: Hyundai Action Centers

  Went to service a 5-year-old (about) Hyundai small grand the other =
day. Many action centers are very sluggish (to the point of not =
functioning) on the rep levers, jacks and back-action flanges (none of =
the hammer or wippen flanges seem to be affected). Is anyone familiar =
with any known problem with action centers on these pianos? (I'm =
thinking of something like the known center pin plating problem on some =
Samicks.) Just trying to find out if any known problem like this exists =
before I dig into it.

  FWIW, the (black) piano has been sitting in direct sunlight =
(arrrgggggg!) for several years. The side of it was so hot I could not =
keep my hand on it! They indicated they will be moving it to the other =
side of the room before I return.....

  Terry Farrell