false beats from ?? -...

carl teplitski koko99@shaw.ca
Tue, 27 Dec 2005 12:52:01 -0600

Carl teplitski

Not much has been written lately, re. the fact that more times than not,
false beats have been evident when the wire seems
to be "not" in contact with the bridge. That is why I will tap the wire
to have it make conract. It's always in contact with
the pin, even when in an elvated position..  I have seated the string,
tapped the pin, and still had a false beat.  Tightened the
coils sometimes, to get a different result. None of these things seemed
conclusive.  Changing wire was one of the best ways
to improve the problem,  . . not always.   Whose nose .

Carl / Winnipeg