Steinway rebuild parts supplier poll.

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Tue, 27 Dec 2005 11:53:27 EST

Guy wrote

Shameless plug on the wippens. If you're not switching heels or
turbo-izing, consider having them rebuilt. In a lot of cases, the weight
and geometry of the original is good, and we completely rebuild a whole  set
for about 400 bucks. Sandblasted, all new bushing felts, heel cloth,
springs, buttons, etc., etc. Like I said, shameless  plug.

   Hi Guy
    Yes but what have you done to neutralize  the green goo,..green slime...
verti-green fuzzy stuff , ...green grit.......  Steinway curse.
   Ahh ,Yes I've done this to shanks including re  bushing & it comes back in
less than a year,  what a waste of  time.  And as  for the wippens  if it
comes back then  I've spent $400 for what .......eg-zacctly?
 Guy , In principle I love this idea because except  for the green shluck
these are perfectly good  & expensive Maple parts  were all throwing out. Know
what I mean?
  Maybe we could figure out a cheap way to just cut off  the birds eye &
insert a new one  with uncontaminated wood & voila  I can use all those old parts
I've saved for years.
  Tell me more about how you neutralized the green  schtuff. You got my
attention.  again
   Sincerely
   Dale Erwin