Steinway rebuild parts supplier poll.

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Mon, 26 Dec 2005 21:53:07 EST

WOW
  I'll politely descent.  I used the wippens  routinely until the pinning &
traveling got so extremely second rate about a  year ago.  A polite
conversation with Kent Webb did not solve anything. He  sent me a replacement set hat was
equally problematic.
   I I basically stated they were expensive 2nd rate  parts Especially
considering all the re pinning & traveling  not  required with Stwy  factory
supplied Renner wippens.  It was a no  brainer. The Abel shank and flanges are a
beautiful  part.  All maple shanks and flanges & dimensionally accurate in
several geometric configs.  Renner ,as usual, is also 1st rate except  the knuckles
have been a bit spongy of late compared to everything else I know  of.
   As for the Steinway   Hammers.   When they are right they are great & Joe
you ain't  never heard a set the way I prep em., there gorgeous sounding with
more color  than any other I know.  JMHO & You know I like the Rosnen
product.  I'd defy you to hear anything that sounded like lacquer ( in  most cases).
 Just ask big Dave  A.
  Dale Erwin

Hi  Gordon,
When changing wippens and shanks.  I have been pleased with the New  Improved
Steinway parts.
There has been less geometry issues when changing  out all the components.
The hammer quality has been very variable, and  unpredictable.   I only use
the Steinway hammers when the customer  request all Steinway parts.

Roger