false beats from ?? -...

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Thu, 22 Dec 2005 08:25:53 -0700

Hi,
Could we add to the list of causes of false beats the hight of the =
bridge pin above the string?
A taller flag pole sways easier than a short one.
??What is the relationship between the size of the wire and cause of =
false beats??
It seems to me that 90% of false strings are from C6 up/
Did a spinet yesterday with CA. Still some falsies but none too wild to =
tame with sympathetic vibration of the other two strings.
I did also have to rub the rust off of three individual strings to calm =
them down as well.
That is when I noticed the overly tall bridge pins. As the action was =
now back in the piano I did not do a tap dance on them <g>
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com