Let's Get This Settled was How to explain a pitchadjustment..and!

Alan Barnard tune4u@earthlink.net
Wed, 21 Dec 2005 12:45:07 -0600

Now Cy, ya know I love ya but I have to ask: Is this established science?
Emperical (observed) evidence? Anecdotal evidence? Common wisdom?
Assumption? or Old wives tale?

One of the things I've found interesting since getting into this business
(at an unspecified time in the last century) is how much we really don't
KNOW about the science and physics of our business. Case in point, the long
unresolved discussion we had a while a go on the list about where the
flatness goes, i.e., what changes in a piano as it sits for 30 years and
drops 150 cents.

BTW Have you made the move to Boston, yet?

Alan Barnard
Salem, Missouri

pitchadjustment..and!