false beats from ?? -...

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe@sbcglobal.net
Sun, 18 Dec 2005 09:45:22 -0600

Ric,
I've wondered if CAing the pins is actually coupling the string to
the bridge too.  I thought about that and figured it couldn't
hurt.  I did voice the piano I treated with CA later and I didn't
have falseness come back in a noticeable way.  It could be that the
CA soaked into the surface of the bridge under the string making it
better able to transfer energy.

I must agree with Joe on rust nodes being a potential source of
falseness too.  Rubbing rusty strings down to clean them does seem to
help.  That or the stretching evened things out... ;-)

Andrew Anderson