Tuning time

Don pianotuna@yahoo.com
Sat, 17 Dec 2005 08:44:51

Hi Brett,

There are at least two approaches. One is to have a tuning fee and charge
for *every* extra item. Another is to sell the client a "block" of your
time (say 90 minutes) and do what ever you can within that "window". If the
piano needs more time then the client should be informed that there will be
an additional charge.

Seating strings is now considered very risque. If you must do it please use
a material much much softer than the bridge cap. One technician I know uses
an old credit card as a "drift".

At 03:25 PM 12/17/2005 +0800, you wrote:
>& Merry Christmas to All , And to Ken I'm not missing the SNOW !     &&
>bridge pins . Then I got annoyed by a clicking noise on G-6 that turned out
>to be a loose hammer flange bushing . Then as I got to the lower bass
>another noise the keybed was knocking . Maybe the Dampp-Chaser system I
>installed last year made these things show up. All I know is I ended up
>running about an hour behind . &&&    on the grands I tune then before .
>The spinets well I do my best . Even a nice U-3 or 1 will slow me down with
>one thing or another .  & out. They must because when I'm done with every
>piano I play it . Most of the spinets I hate . They think it sounds great .
>Even the little spinet I played for years as a kid hurts to play now . Back
>then it was great !   for these little extras . Or should you cover your
>tunings by fixing the little things . For now thats where I'm at . It sure
>can make you run behind though . Thanks for the input on reselling services
>. I'm sure now that I'm not charging enough . Brett Glass

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@yahoo.com	http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7
306-539-0716 or 1-888-29t-uner