Daughter NOT housekeeper! (was who's responsible)

John Delmore jodel@kairos.net
Fri, 16 Dec 2005 16:01:04 -0600

Aaah, the rewards of good living!
John Delmore

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of pianolover 88
Sent: Friday, December 16, 2005 3:31 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Daughter NOT housekeeper! (was who's responsible)

All's well that ends well! Went to customer's home this morning to survey
damage; very slight nicks on fallboard and music desk, no biggie. The
customer confessed it was her daughter, not the maid who put the desk back
in wrong and left it "teetering" just waiting to fall. Even before seeing
the damage I told the client that I would pay for the repair, but when I
arrived, and after telling me it was her daughter who tried to put it back,
she said," I know it's not really your fault, and I would be willing to
split the cost of repairs with you". I immediately told her that I
appreciated the thoughtful (and fair) gesture, but that I still wanted to
take care of it.

She then asked if she could still order the casters and dampp-chaser that I
had recommended during the initial visit! So in addition to the string
cover, cleaning, pitch raise and tuning, that was the icing on the cake! Not

to mention that she asked for several cards to give to her friends who also
own pianos. Could not have been a better outcome!!!

Terry Peterson